Specialty: Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship, University of Minnesota—Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital—Providence, Rhode Island
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine—Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Gustavus Adolphus College—Saint Peter, Minnesota
Professional interests and positions
- Caring for children with acquired and congenital heart disease.
- Post-operative pain and sedation
- Director of Sedation Program at Minneapolis Children’s Hospital and Chair of the Sedation Committee from 2005-2010
- CRCCS President (2011-2013), Vice-President (2009-2011)
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Linden, Bradley C., Resnik, Ernesto R., Hendrickson, Kristine J., O’Connor, Timothy J., and Cornfield, David N., “Chronic Intrauterine Pulmonary Hypertension Compromises Fetal Pulmonary Artery Smooth Muscle Cell Oxygen Sensing,” Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2003 Dec; 285(6):L1354-61. E pub 2003 Jul 25.
- Askiti, Varvara, Hendrickson, Kristine, Braunlin, Elizabeth, Sinaiko, Alan R, Fish, Alfred J., “Troponin I Levels in a Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome Patient with Severe Cardiac Failure,” Pediatric Nephrology 2004; 19(3): 345-348.
- “Implementating a Post-Operative Pain and Sedation Protocol”, 4th Annual Pediatric Pain Master Class, Children’s Institute for Pain and Palliative Care (CIPPC), Minneapolis, June 2011
- “Implementating a Post-Operative Pain and Sedation Protocol”, 4th Annual Pediatric Pain Master Class, Children’s Institute for Pain and Palliative Care (CIPPC)Minneapolis, June 2012
Dr. Hendrickson works primarily in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Minneapolis Children’s Hospital caring for critically ill children with heart disease. She lives in Minneapolis with her husband and 3 children. She enjoys biking, cross-country skiing, kayaking, traveling, and cooking in her free time. She feels that it is a privilege to be able to care for children and their families.